The Donk Blog

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Yuck

Decided to load up 3 more 200nl tables tonight and was playing really well for about an hour then ran into this hand....


PokerStars Game #8559919980: Hold'em No Limit ($1/$2) - 2007/02/21 - 22:30:54 (ET)
Table 'Erna V' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: leslie32 ($192.40 in chips)
Seat 2: jmusteve ($302.90 in chips)
Seat 3: Nitewin ($176 in chips)
Seat 4: justtocol ($186.05 in chips)
Seat 5: Earyda ($125 in chips)
Seat 7: BenHoganJr ($183.35 in chips)
Seat 8: Bonkaloo ($230 in chips)
Seat 9: thekingsweed ($190 in chips)
leslie32: posts small blind $1
jmusteve: posts big blind $2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to justtocol [Kc Ks]
Nitewin: folds
justtocol: raises $4 to $6
Earyda: folds
BenHoganJr: folds
Bonkaloo: calls $6
thekingsweed: folds
leslie32: folds
jmusteve: folds
*** FLOP *** [3d 9d 8d]
justtocol: bets $10
Bonkaloo: raises $10 to $20
justtocol: calls $10
*** TURN *** [3d 9d 8d] [8h]
justtocol: checks
Bonkaloo: bets $60
justtocol: calls $60
*** RIVER *** [3d 9d 8d 8h] [2s]
justtocol: checks
Bonkaloo: bets $144 and is all-in
justtocol: calls $100.05 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Bonkaloo: shows [Ad 5d] (a flush, Ace high)
justtocol: mucks hand
Bonkaloo collected $372.10 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $375.10 | Rake $3
Board [3d 9d 8d 8h 2s]
Seat 1: leslie32 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: jmusteve (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: Nitewin folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: justtocol mucked [Kc Ks]
Seat 5: Earyda folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: BenHoganJr folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Bonkaloo showed [Ad 5d] and won ($372.10) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 9: thekingsweed (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)


The KK hand I put him on a big diamond, and I was going to check call him down with kings unless a diamond hit, then I would get rid of it. When he min-raised me on the flop I honestly thought I was good, so what I SHOULD HAVE DONE was put in a nice size reraise right there get him off his "draw", then I would have found out right then and there that he wasnt on any draw and could have got away from the hand.

I have to be able to get away from these overpairs in cash games, calling off all my money with an overpair in this kind of situation is a bad thing and a losing proposition. If I contine doing this and calling off big bets on the end with only tptk, I will not make money playing ring games. I will try to play better with my big hands tomorrow.

I was up a nice chunk of change today but gave most of back on that KK hand and it kinda steamed me, so I stopped playing. However, I did make 90 bucks today, so I can't complain. And today was the 1st day I really gave cash games a try. I made money, and could have made a lot more if I hadnt been too attached to my KK there.

On a more positive note I took away many many many pots from people. I was capitalizing on weakness and raising in position and c-betting flops. It truely is amazing how much c-betting my hands works with my position raises. Maybe I was just getting mad respect today, but I really felt as though I was outplaying most everyone at every single table. I just need to focus in when I have tptk and overpairs. I know that generally when the lead is taken away from me my hand is no good, It is just hard for me to adjust to this because I am and have been a sng player for so long and when I have an overpair or tptk in a sng I am going to the felt with it, and if I lose, I will just load up another one. Cash games you need to be a lot more careful with ur chips because losing a buy in is 200 bucks, not 30!

I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully playing a bit better than I did today.

-Donk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home